Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Thank you so much!


Yesterday was a pretty amazing day for me!  I feel like I live in a great community after I saw all the support, people and love shown by all those who came out.  First, to Mike Ban and the Book Worm Angels people, you really love what you do and it shows.  I hope we work together for a long time to come!  Second, to Lake County Board Member Aaron Lawlor and Illinois Representative Carol Sente, you represent public service so well.  Thanks for being a part of this event!  To our local authors, Allan Woodrow, Barb Rosenstock, Shari Brady, and Susan Finerty, you help others with literacy through the great writing you do every day.  I couldn't have asked for better authors to be a part of this day.  Next, to my sister queens, I cannot believe you all drove so far to come and support me.  I love you and thanks!  Then to all my friends and family, you really know how to make a girl feel special.  If we keep this up, we can all help illiteracy become a thing of the past.  Finally, to Ruth and Pam at Barnes and Noble, you made this event go pretty smoothly.  You were wonderful.

My goal was to raise $1,000.00 for Book Worm Angels and collect another 1,000 gently used books.  Thanks to your generous support, Barnes and Noble says we are close to $400.00 going to BWA right now and we have all week for on-line orders.  We also collected about 200 books yesterday, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment